The Essentials of Weight Loss
For some people, simply exercising and eating less can cause them to lose a lot of weight. These are the kind of people who easily gain weight but lose what they have gained just as easily. However, there are people who easily gain weight but struggle to lose them in the end. Despite hours of running in the treadmill, these people will simply drive themselves to exhaustion but will not be able to shed so many pounds. They will soon realize that their efforts are not enough and it is about time to make use of additional help.
For the past few years, weight loss pills, drinks, treatments, and regimens have become more in-demand in the market. One possible reason for this is that the market itself has expanded due to the increased population of people becoming overweight or obese. More and more people are also gaining weight fast because of the kind of lifestyle they live and the food they eat. Because of the proliferation of weight loss products in the market, it has become difficult to choose what product to use.
The Decision of Weight Loss.
This decision is actually quiet easy to make. One simply needs to look at the basics. This means looking at the main component/s that makes any product effective in reducing weight. As a guide, a list of the more commonly known weight-losing components are shown below.
- L-Carnitine – for consumption and disposal of fat in the body because it is responsible for the transport of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria.
- Panax Ginseng – serves as adaptogens, aphrodisiacs, nourishing stimulants, and in the treatment of type II diabetes, including sexual dysfunction in men.
- Banaba Extract – balances blood sugar, regulates insulin level, supports weight loss.
- Chromium Picolinate – needed for glucose utilization by insulin in normal health, body development for athletes and as a means of losing weight.
- Quercetin (Polyphenol) – reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer, has significant anti-inflammatory activity because of direct inhibition of several initial processes of inflammation. For example, it inhibits both the manufacture and release of histamine and other allergic/inflammatory mediators.
- Hydroxyctiric Acid – for modulation of lipid metabolism.
- Theobromine – treatment for edema, syphilitic angina attacks, and degenerative angina, used as a treatment for other circulatory problems including arteriosclerosis, certain vascular diseases, angina pectoris, and hypertension, and an aid in urinating, and heart stimulant.
- B Vitamins – support and increase the rate of metabolism , maintain healthy skin and muscle tone, enhance immune and nervous system function, promote cell growth and division
The components listed above are all obtained from natural sources. Certain supplements contain them, however, their effectiveness is not totally guaranteed. In case those supplements do not benefit a person, other options are still available such as drugs like Xenical. All these still need to be taken together with regular exercise and healthy eating. Any weight-loss regimen and treatment need a balanced lifestyle for optimal results to be obtained. Also, a disciplined and consistent attitude is necessary.